There are two types of people in the world: those who love tapas and those who hate it. I’m in the later group and here are my top five reasons why:
5. No matter where you go, there’s inevitably that guy in your group who has been to this restaurant before and he knows the “best” dishes to order. He orders like six of the 10 dishes for your table and, because you’re all splitting the tab equally, he’s basically spending your money for you.
4. Does anybody really like sharing plates? Be honest.
3. Sangria isn’t wine…it just isn’t.
2. I’m just not convinced that olives, goat cheese, tomatoes and seafood belong in every dish.
1. You only really like three of the 10 dishes on the table, but these are small plates and you’re sharing, so you only take small helpings of each. Predictably, these are the three dishes that go the fastest (of course the dude that did all of the ordering takes the biggest helpings) and by the time you leave you are starving and managed to spend $45.